To help break the cycles of homelessness, despair, and dependency, Volunteers of America offers a variety of residential programs in Rochester and Binghamton.
These programs provide safe, supportive environments where individuals work to rebuild their lives.
VOA counselors and case managers help clients address problems, gain control of their lives, and move toward self-sufficiency. VOA's residential programs include:
- Emergency Housing/Homeless Shelters
- Emergency Family Shelter
- Transitional Housing
- Low-Income Permanent Housing
- Cooper Union Independent Living Center
- Recovery Support Services
- State & Federal Residential Re-Entry Programs
- Supportive Housing for Families & Young Adults
Throughout Western and Central New York, Volunteers of America serves 200 clients daily, and in the course of a year, VOA provides 73,000 nights of shelter and more than 164,000 meals.