For over 122 years, Volunteers of America has been on the front lines supporting, empowering and helping those in need. Our newsletter brings you stories of hope and ways you can turn your concern into a legacy of lives transformed.
Volunteers of America Upstate New York assists more than 6,000 people every year through the following programs:
- Child care and early childhood development programs (including Universal Pre-Kindergarten and Head Start)
- Academically-enriched after school programs
- Housing and support services for homeless individuals and families
- Housing programs specifically for homeless Veterans and their families
- Reentry programs for individuals leaving correctional facilities
- Empowerment programs for women who are or have been incarcerated
- Employment services, including the Working Wardrobe (which provides professional business attire and job coaching for adults conducting job searches)
- Lifeskills training
- Food pantry
- Homelessness prevention services
Volunteers of America Upstate New York
serves 6,000 men, women and children each year.