Whether it's the gift of shelter or food for a homeless family, the gift of respect for veterans who need assistance, or the gift of self confidence for someone looking for a job, your caring gift could change someone's life this holiday season.
Volunteers of America Upstate New York assists more than 6,000 people every year through the following programs:
- Child care and early childhood development programs (including Universal Pre-Kindergarten and Head Start)
- Academically-enriched after school programs
- Housing and support services for homeless individuals and families
- Housing programs specifically for homeless Veterans and their families
- Reentry programs for individuals leaving correctional facilities
- Empowerment programs for women who are or have been incarcerated
- Employment services, including the Working Wardrobe (which provides professional business attire and job coaching for adults conducting job searches)
- Lifeskills training
- Food pantry
- Homelessness prevention services
Volunteers of America Upstate New York
serves 6,000 men, women and children each year.