Our Children's Center
Interested in Head Start? See requirements below then submit your interest form here and we will contact you!
Safe, reliable and high-quality child care.
Since 1987, The Volunteers of America (VOA) Children’s Center has been providing educational programs focused on early childhood development and school readiness for children 6 weeks through 12 years old. Our nationally accredited center has grown into one of the largest providers of Early Childhood programming within the city of Rochester.
The center serves more than 250 children and families on an annual basis and provides such additional support services as a full-time Registered Nurse, on-site dental care (in partnership with Anthony Jordan Health), family development services, on-going parent training, full-day care, and disability supports for children with special needs. We also have a warm and welcoming community of staff, children and their families. Our center has maintained a staff retention rate exceeding 90% over the past 5 years, and some families have been with us for over 10 years!
Our center offers a wide array of programs, including:
- Child care for infants and toddlers
- Head Start and Early Head Start (see eligibility requirements)
- Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) and Extended Pre Kindergarten (EPK)
- Before and After School Programs
- Full-day Summer Camp
The center also offers:
- Age-appropriate outdoor playgrounds and indoor play areas
- On-site Telemedicine and Dental Center
- An on-site kitchen that provides healthy meals and snacks
- Certified Teachers
- Enhanced health and safety protocols
- Family support services
The center is open from 6:30 AM until 5:30 PM from Monday to Friday.