Whether it's the gift of shelter or food for a homeless family, the gift of respect for veterans who need assistance, or the gift of self confidence for someone looking for a job, your caring gift could change someone's life this holiday season.
How You Can Help
Donations come in many shapes and forms. The most familiar form of donation tends to be the gift of money. In addition to this, there are many ways you can make a difference in the living of families, children, veterans and others in Upstate NY. You can:
- Host a donation drive. Winter gloves and hats for children, care packages for families entering the VOA Family Shelter, socks, toothbrushes, shampoo - these are the simple things people often need when they enter our homeless shelters. Email email@example.com to get started.
- Volunteer. We are always looking for volunteers to help with our various programs.
Planned Giving is one of many ways you can ensure the valued services that Volunteers of America provides throughout Upstate New York are always available to those who need them. By considering Volunteers of America Upstate NY in your will you can leave a lasting legacy of caring. If this is something you are considering, we recommend you take the time for careful reflection and always talk to your financial consultant first. When you have decided this is one way you would like to support the people and communities right here at home, contact:
Pat Drake, Senior Vice President of Agency Advancement
Donate a Car
If your car is in working condition and you're buying a new one, consider donating your old car to Volunteers of America. It's easy to do and makes financial sense if you itemize on your taxes.
- You may receive greater value for your vehicle as a charitable contribution on your itemized tax return than as a trade-in
- You will avoid the hassle and expense of selling your vehicle
- The proceeds from your donation will help those in need in our community
To donate your car, please call 585-647-1150.