Strike Out Poverty
Volunteer of America is proud to continue its partnership with the Rochester Red Wings to Strike Out Poverty this season!
Every time a Rochester Red Wings pitcher strikes out an opposing hitter, a donation is made to Volunteers of America. Fans and supporters are encouraged to attend games and cheer on the pitchers, all while learning how they can help our community through partnership with VOA. The program was highly successful in 2017, with a grand total of 601 strikeouts that raised $10,000! Community residents can help to strikeout poverty by making a donation below or by contacting Valerie Hoak at 585-402-7218 or email@example.com.
Thank to Wegmans for their sponsorship of StrikeOut Poverty.
All funds raised through the StrikeOut Poverty Campaign will directly support the many programs offered by Volunteers of America in Rochester including the following:
- VOA’s Children’s Center
- Camp Heroes and Summer Leap Learning Programs
- Guest House Emergency Family Shelter
- Transitional, Supportive and Permanent Housing for those at risk of homelessness
- Re-Entry Center, Step by Step and Alternatives to Incarceration programs
- Working Wardrobe and Working Wardrobe on Wheels
- Job Readiness and Workforce Development Programming
We're looking forward to striking out poverty again this season and hope you'll be there to join us!