Every time a Rochester Red Wings pitcher strikes out an opposing hitter, a donation is made to Volunteers of America. Fans and supporters are encouraged to attend games and cheer on the pitchers, all while learning how they can help our community through partnership with VOA. The program was highly successful in 2018, with a grand total of 1,151 strikeouts that raised $10,000!
Thanks to Wegmans for their sponsorship of StrikeOut Poverty.
All funds raised through the StrikeOut Poverty Campaign directly support the many programs offered by Volunteers of America in Rochester including the following:
- VOA’s Children’s Center
- Camp Heroes and Summer Leap Learning Programs
- Guest House Emergency Family Shelter
- Transitional, Supportive and Permanent Housing for those at risk of homelessness
- Re-Entry Center, Step by Step and Alternatives to Incarceration programs
- Working Wardrobe and Working Wardrobe on Wheels
- Job Readiness and Workforce Development Programming